Although QuickBooks is easy to use and designed for the layman to understand, the initial setup and installation must be done correctly in order for any future information to be accurate.
All information necessary to setup manual record keeping is also necessary in order to setup and install QuickBooks on your computer. This task is even more complicated if you switch from manual bookkeeping at any time other than the beginning of the year.
Other items to consider include which accounting method will you use? What chart of accounts do you need for your business? How do you handle beginning balances?
A QuickBooks ProAdvisor can easily answer all of these questions and complete the initial setup and installation. In addition your office staff will receive training on the software to enhance their performance. Here’s a short list of the services we provide during your QuickBooks setup:
- We study and evaluate your software and bookkeeping needs
- Install software, design and setup the chart of accounts and other features including payroll, accounts receivable and payable, inventory, etc.
- Determine your QuickBooks starting date
- Enter all outstanding and opening balances as of your start date
- Enter transactions beyond the starting date into QuickBooks
- Train your staff in usage of QuickBooks to meet your business needs
Further, we provide ongoing follow up training to ensure you and your staff are on the right track and answer any questions you might have. And we can provide monthly, quarterly or annual review of your QuickBooks data to assist in the preparation of management reports or to assist in tax preparation.
We are often asked how long this process takes and how much will it cost the business. We will conduct an interview with you to determine your needs and we will customize a program designed to serve you fully and be compatible with your budgetary constraints. Know we have done this with many, many clients and have a very efficient process and often save you money instead of cost you money.