Small Business Bookkeeping
As a small business owner, you have more important things to do than keep your own financial records. We take care of your books for you, so you can get back to the job of running your business and generating profits.
Each month or quarter we can:
- Check your mail
- Handle accounts payable and/or receivable
- Reconcile your bank and credit card accounts
- Clean up your general ledger
- Generate a profit and loss statement
- Generate a balance sheet
We always recommend account reconciliation be included for a number of reasons, including:
- Identifying lost checks, lost deposits, and unauthorized wire or transfer transactions.
- Detect and prevent excess/unjustified bank charges and ensures transactions are posted correctly by your bank.
- Detect and prevent embezzlement of funds from within your company.
- Know how your business is doing. You can’t really know unless all accounts are reconciled and properly accounted for on your financial statements.
- Manage your cash more effectively. Proper management of funds not only saves money, it makes money for you.
Together, these tasks form the solid foundation of your small business bookkeeping system. You can customize the package of services you receive to best suit your needs and budget and you can add payroll, tax services or any other of our consulting services to allow for a very comprehensive package of services.
Our goal is to seamlessly integrate our staff with your business’s staff to operate as one to provide accurate and timely financial and operational information to run your business successfully. We can review your company’s operations and staff in order to recommend which job functions should remain with your staff and which should be performed by our staff. The criteria used to make these decisions are based on the skills of your company’s staff, which job functions most need to be performed on site, an eye towards segregation of duties to improve internal controls and the overall staffing costs of your business.